Broadcastify Calls is a high capacity service that ingests radio system calls.
Broadcastify Calls is different from regular broadcastify feeds as the calls platform captures every single call on a conventional or trunked system, as individual call files, and makes those calls available in real time and in archives. The Broadcastify Calls platform is not intended to replace regular Broadcastify audio streams at this time, but to supplement them, and we will eventually create Broadcastify audio streams from the Broadcastify Calls platform.
Broadcastify Calls makes available to call ingest providers ALL calls they send to us, but limits public access to calls covered by our Feed Provider Terms of Service
Broadcastify Calls Features includes:
- 30 day retention
- duplicate call handling
- Live Call Playback
- Playlists Playback
- tight integration with the RadioReference database
- call and source detailed statistics
See the current interface here: https://www.broadcastify.com/calls/
You can submit an application to send calls here: https://www.broadcastify.com/apply/calls
- Developer contacts broadcastify at email@example.com with details and intentions
- Developer is issued an API Key and System ID for a test system to use in the development environment
- Developer codes some awesome implementation to use the Broadcastify Calls API documented below
- Application verifies that proper time sync is installed, configured, running, and time is properly synched on the host computer.
- Application records a call and associated metadata (talkgroup, frequency, site, source ID)
- Application converts call audio to AAC Audio (*.m4a) or MP3 Audio (*.mp3)
- Application calls the Broadcastify Calls API to register the clip, and an upload URL is returned
- Application uploads the call to Broadcastify's storage servers with an HTTP PUT request
The Broadcastify Calls Upload API is documented here: